Trauma recovery and
Restoring of Self
Addiction Recovery and
Though experiencing a trauma doesn’t always mean that a person will develop an addiction, current research suggest that trauma is a underlying source of addiction. What may have began as a solution, a way to displace intolerable feelings, eventually and inevitably becomes a problem. Addictive behaviors can lead to traumatic experiences in and of themselves often masking the original wound. The two become intertwined. Therefore, it is important that trauma and addictive behaviors are treated together, rather than concurrently. This way of working is most effective in achieving long term recovery and emotional health.
“The goal is to understand how the trauma of the past drives the addiction in the present.”
- An increased ability to handle difficult situations with ease
- A solid foundation for emotional healing to continue
- No need to use substances to displace uncomfortable feelings
- The ability to live in the present, rather than stuck in the past or worrying about the future.
- A more authentic, and available to yourself and others.
FIND US HERE
110 Gough St
San Francisco Ca. 94102